BEACH membership is open to all individuals and organizations who want to be a part of the community effort to end homelessness.
By joining BEACH, you or your organization will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate and forge meaningful partnerships with other community organizations and stakeholders
- Access and understand pertinent data related to homelessness in Virginia Beach, our region, and nationwide
- Hear and provide input on the needs in our community and solutions to address them
- Learn and receive training on best practices in housing and homelessness
- Participate in events and activities that directly impact homeless and at-risk families and individuals
- Promote your causes and goals that align with BEACH
- Be a change agent in making homelessness rare, brief, and nonrecurring in Virginia Beach
General membership in BEACH includes two categories: Association/Agency and Individual.
Association/Agency Members represent agencies, organizations, or associations that:
- provide direct services to homeless individuals and/or those at risk of becoming homeless,
- do not provide direct services, but whose actions directly impact homeless individuals and those at risk, or
- are interested in issues that impact homeless individuals and those at risk of becoming homeless
Associations and agencies may have multiple representatives participate in BEACH but must designate one person as a voting member of BEACH.
Examples of organizations that may fall under the Association/Agency category include, but are not limited to:
- Nonprofit Homeless Service Providers
- Victim Service Providers
- Faith-Based Organizations
- Individuals with Lived Experience (Formerly Homeless or Homeless Persons)
- Government Agencies
- Representatives from Businesses and Financial Institutions
- Social Service Providers
- School Districts
- Mental Health Agencies
- Affordable Housing Developers
- Law Enforcement
- Organizations Serving Homeless/Formerly Homeless Veterans
Individual Members are a single person that does not have an affiliation with any agency or association listed above but wishes to support BEACH and our activities.
Want to Join BEACH?
Contact us to learn more about the important role BEACH members have in ending homelessness in our community and how to apply for membership.
Other Ways to Join the Community Effort
Faith Community Network
Learn how our faith community coordinates assistance for families and individuals in need and how your organization can be a part of their network.Learn More
Landlords and property owners play a key role in ending homelessness by renting their units to families and individuals who are ready to move into permanent housing. Find out how partnering with homelessness programs can benefit you and make an impact in your community.Learn More
Develop Affordable Housing
A big part of preventing and ending homelessness is being able to connect families and individuals to affordable housing opportunities. Learn more about the process and tools available for developing affordable housing in Virginia Beach.Learn More